salta la barra Po-Net » Museums of Prato and province » Church Museum in Figline
Po-Net

Musei di Prato e Provincia

Church Museum

The church of San Pietro in Figline was restored in 1965-67 and then a little museum was built and inaugurated in 1973 and setted up by Diocese and by Independent Tourism Company in Prato in two different places, next to the church and in the basement apartment underlying the transpet of itself.

The museum joint with the church, prosperous with frescos of XIV and XV century, and with the nearby tabernacle frame of  St Anna (produced by Agnolo Daddi and his workshop), represent the centre of the amazing medieval city in Figline.

An area of the museum shows fragments of basins (a round spherical container which contains liquid), and rare terracotta moulds which were used to make them. They were preserved from the digs under the transpet of the parish, dated to the end of XIV- and the beginning of XV century. In the showcase there is a bronce necklace, it was preserved during the period of excavation of the area in front of the door of the church, it belongs to the high medieval period.

In other shop windows there are: furnishings and holy silver vase or golden copper, part of the treasure of the parish, a Florentine chalice of the first period of 1400, a processional cross of the end of the same century, in addition to other chalices, ostensories, pyxes and incense-boats of XVI-XVII, and different reliquiaries in silver foil or golden wood, dated XVIII century.

On the wall there are some paintings:

A painted panel with San Giovanni Battista (about 1440), work by Bartolomeo Bocchi
An altarpiece made by Tommaso di Piero dated  about 1400 (maybe his last work) which depicts Madonna with Baby Jesus between the Saints Sebastiano and Rocco
A painting entitled “Christ Giving the Keys to St. Peter” made by Giovan Pietro Naldini of seventeenth century.

Pictures that are on this page are property of Diocese of Prato and it is forbidden the use and reproduction.

Addresses and contacts

Via Vecchia di Cantagallo
, 4
- 50040
Figline di Prato
Website: http://www.diocesiprato.it/museo-della-pieve-di-figline/
Phone: 0574 460555
Fax: 0574 460555
Opening time Visits are possible only with booking.
Free entrance

Biglietto: ingresso gratuito

Caricamento Google Maps.......attendere

Data ultima revisione dei contenuti della pagina: mercoled 05 settembre 2018

- Inizio della pagina -
Il progetto Musei di Prato e Provincia - Po-Net sviluppato con il CMS ISWEB di Internet Soluzioni Srl www.internetsoluzioni.it